Chambers USA Recognizes McElroy Deutsch in the areas of Bankruptcy/Restructuring, Commercial Litigation, Construction, Insurance, Labor & Employment, Litigation and White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations.
McElroy Deutsch is pleased to announce its 2022 accolades from Chambers USA in the areas of Insurance, Labor & Employment, Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Construction, Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations and Bankruptcy/Restructuring. Chambers USA also recognized 13 McElroy Deutsch attorneys in this year’s rankings.
Well regarded for representing debtors in Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 proceedings, and particularly noted for its skills in bankruptcy disputes, reorganizations and creditors' rights matters. Regularly represents debtors, lenders and creditors' committees, and enjoys a fine reputation for its work in healthcare. "They apply practical knowledge and experience to every case."
- Barry Kleban brings his significant experience to bear in the representation of distressed businesses and their creditors in out-of-court restructurings. "An excellent practitioner." "He is a consummate restructuring lawyer." "A shining light in the industry."
Gary Bressler is an experienced practitioner across a range of matters involving distressed businesses. He has notably advised debtors, creditors and trustees in complex bankruptcy proceedings.
"Incredibly smart and effective in both in-court and out-of-court restructurings." "He is an exceptionally bright lawyer."
Jeffery Bernstein of McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney frequently counsels nonprofit associations, insurers and debtors within the context of bankruptcy proceedings.
"Jeffrey is extremely knowledgeable." "He is a technically skilled and detail-oriented advocate."
Construction - New Jersey
- Mark Rosen has extensive experience of construction, public contract and surety law and represents clients in a wide array of related litigation.
"Mark Rosen is an excellent attorney who does an excellent job representing his clients."
Insurance (New Jersey)
McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter has substantial experience advising and representing companies in many insurance-related disputes and matters. The practice is particularly adept at defending insureds and self-insureds in areas including mass torts, personal injury, product liability and construction defects. The team also handles the full gamut of insurance coverage litigation.
- John Coyne incorporates insurance matters and disputes into his wider commercial litigation practice. He has significant expertise advising insurers in relation to their coverage obligations. "John is involved in many cases. He is very articulate and a leader."
- Michael Marone is recognized in the market for his sophisticated civil litigation practice. He regularly represents insurers in lengthy coverage disputes.
Labor & Employment (New Jersey)
Accomplished group of practitioners in the labor and employment market, possessing a breadth of expertise in employment litigation. Acts across the full range of disputes, from whistle-blower cases to non-compete, discrimination and wrongful termination claims, while also maintaining an active labor negotiations practice. Other areas of work include advising employers on workplace investigations and training programs.
- John Peirano 's varied practice spans both contentious and non-contentious issues, including traditional labor law matters. He frequently represents employers in arbitrations, in addition to providing assistance to clients facing allegations of race, sex and disability discrimination.
- John Ridley has a sophisticated litigation practice defending organizations in high-stakes disputes. He has extensive experience representing clients in allegations of discrimination made by employees.
- Stephen Payerle dedicates his practice to disputes involving allegations of discrimination and wrongful discharge. He also assists clients with wage and hour issues.
Litigation - General Commercial
Experienced civil litigation practice offering particular strength in the commercial and insurance spheres. Handles a range of coverage issues for insurers and defends insureds against alleged mass torts, construction defects and other claims.
- Joseph LaSala has a strong civil litigation practice, encompassing liability claims and securities disputes.
- Thomas Curtin regularly handles an array of commercial disputes, specializing in representing clients from the sports sector.
Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations (New Jersey)
- John O'Reilly of McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP incorporates white-collar criminal defense into his wider litigation practice. He represents individuals and corporations under investigation for a broad range of allegations, including fraud, embezzlement and securities violations.
- Paul Nittoly of McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP has extensive experience conducting internal investigations on behalf of corporations. He also defends companies and their executives in white-collar criminal cases in federal and state courts.
Chambers USA ranks the country’s leading firms and lawyers in an extensive range of practice areas annually. The rankings are determined based on the research of a team of full-time editors and researchers, in-depth telephone and email interviews with lawyers and their clients, and information submitted directly by law firms. Chambers Guides are read by industry-leading companies and organizations worldwide, and the publications are widely used by firms across the U.S. for referrals. A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolade is based can be found HERE (No aspect of the advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court).