Glenn P. Prives - Associate
GLENN P. PRIVES is an associate in the Firm’s national Health Care Practice Group as well as the Transactional Practice Group. He represents a range of health care clients, including hospitals and health systems (non-profit and for-profit), academic medical centers, physician groups, ambulatory surgery centers, home health agencies, ancillary service providers, laboratories, medical technology companies, telemedicine companies, medical billing companies, dental groups, skilled nursing facilities, behavioral health centers, health care management companies and investment funds and private equity firms specializing in health care. He has experience in the areas of hospital-physician alignment, mergers, acquisitions, affiliations, alliances, strategic transactions, joint ventures, recruitment matters, numerous types of contractual agreements, health care information technology, integrated delivery systems (population health) and clinical integration matters. He also has counseled clients on a variety of health care regulatory matters, including Stark, Anti-Kickback, state self-referral laws, fraud and abuse, HIPAA, health care reform, Medicare and Medicaid issues, coverage and overpayment issues, compliance, regulatory and due diligence reviews, licensure and certification issues, the corporate practice of medicine and fee-splitting laws.
Glenn also counsels general business and corporate clients in mergers and acquisitions in a variety of industries. In addition, Glenn has experience in contract drafting and negotiation and providing legal consultation and document review to business entities of all sizes.
Glenn is a frequent speaker, both locally and nationally, on health care and business issues. He has also written, in local and national publications, on a variety of health care topics and is a contributor to the Firm’s Health Care Law blog. Glenn serves as a Vice Chair of the American Health Lawyers Association Business Law and Governance Practice Group, on the Board of Directors of the New Jersey State Bar Association Health Law Section and on the Health Care Roundtable Steering Committee of the Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey.
Glenn is listed in Super Lawyers® Rising Stars (2013-2016), a Thomson Reuters business, in the area of Health Care. A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolade is based can be found HERE (No aspect of the advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court).
- Represented hospitals in acquisitions, affiliations and joint ventures with physician practices, including advice on corporate structuring for physician integration and physician compensation methodologies
- Represented physician groups merging and consolidating into larger group practices
- Represented hospitals in the development of physician-hospital organizations and clinically integrated networks
- Represented physicians in employment and affiliation relationships with hospitals
- Represented physician groups in separating from hospitals
- Represented physician groups in sales to national companies
- Represented a co-management joint venture
- Represented a home health agency in its joint venture with a large hospital system
- Represented a home health agency in its acquisition of a physician practice
- Represented ambulatory surgical centers in development and day-to-day matters
- Represented ambulatory surgical centers in sales to national management companies
- Represented providers in sales of laboratory assets to laboratory companies
- Represented sellers and purchasers of medical and dental practices
- Represented physicians and dentists in employment arrangements
- Represented hospitals in mergers and acquisitions and affiliations with other health systems
- Represented private equity firms in sales and acquisitions of interests in health care management companies and holding companies for health care providers