Providing multidisciplinary advocacy and advisory services for clients across all sectors.
The McElroy Deutsch Government Relations practice provides multidisciplinary advocacy and advisory services for clients across all sectors in New Jersey. Our approach combines legislative and regulatory advocacy with our law firm’s extensive expertise representing businesses, organizations, and individuals in transactional, regulatory, and litigation matters to assist clients in advancing policy priorities, interfacing with state and local regulatory agencies and government officials, and identifying and navigating the impact of legislative and political developments.
Our Government Relations law practice draws upon our attorneys’ extensive experience at the highest levels of New Jersey's state government including serving as General Counsel to the State Senate Majority, Assistant Counsel to the Governor, and municipal attorneys and counsel to local agencies to provide clients multifaceted perspectives regarding policy matters and engage in issue development and direct advocacy before the legislature and state and local government agencies as well as municipal and county governing bodies.
McElroy Deutsch’s government relations lawyers in New Jersey work collaboratively with attorneys in the firm’s other practice groups including corporate transactions, real estate, land use, cybersecurity, data protection, and privacy, insurance services, and commercial litigation to lend expertise on relevant political and policy considerations and advocate before lawmakers and regulatory agencies in order to assist clients in achieving advantageous outcomes.
McElroy Deutsch’s government relations lawyers provide a variety of services to clients in New Jersey including:
- Lobbying Members of the Legislature, administrative agency officials, and county and municipal officials on behalf of clients’ policy objectives.
- Identifying areas where legislative advocacy could create opportunities or resolve issues for clients.
- Drafting legislation and position papers for Legislative hearings.
- Commenting on proposed agency rules and regulations.
- Representing clients in legislative and state and local agency investigations.
- Representing clients with regard to applications for state and local grant programs.
- Advising clients on strategies to meet advocacy goals at the state and local level.
- Identifying opportunities for clients to provide expertise at hearings, public policy briefings, policy events, and state and local agency meetings.
- Providing up to the minute updates and analysis on legislative and regulatory developments using our firsthand expertise and wide network of contacts.
- Analyzing and explaining the impact of policy and political developments on clients’ business objectives and goals.