Trusts & Estates
Cutting-edge advice for high net worth individuals, owners of private companies, and corporate executives.
Our Private Client Services professionals have expertise and a broad range of capabilities in areas of the law that are constantly developing and changing. Our trusts and estates lawyers provide innovative yet sound counsel to private clients in numerous states where the firm has offices. Our multi-state platform provides a convenience and benefit to our private clients and a team can easily be assembled to handle multi-state matters.
Our clients include:
- Individuals, couples and families
- Individual executors and trustees
- Corporate executors and trustees
- Estate and Trust Beneficiaries
- Charitable Beneficiaries, including institutions and universities
- Guardians of incapacitated persons
- Parents of disabled children turning 18 in seeking permanent Guardianship
- High net worth individuals
- Owners of private companies
- Corporate executives
- Large institutions, banks and trust companies, as trustee and as executor
Trusts and Estates Capabilities
Our experienced trusts and estates professionals design plans to be flexible, and take into account the concerns and objectives of our clients and the constantly changing Federal and State tax laws. Our attorneys use sophisticated planning techniques and a variety of trusts designed to minimize taxes and protect assets.
Our trusts and estates lawyers have significant experience in estate and trust litigation, including but not limited to will contests, accounting actions, guardianship actions, and mediations. Our attorneys have designed practical solutions for intra-family disputes and have achieved successful outcomes for our clients.
Our Trusts and Estates services include:
- Lifetime Disability Planning
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Health Care Powers of Attorney; Advance Directives/Living Wills
- Estate Planning
- Trust Planning
- Gift Planning
- Estates Administration
- Estate Accountings
- Probate Court Proceedings
- Estate Litigation
- Trust Administration
- Trust Accountings
- Trust Litigation
- Special Needs Planning and Trusts
- Wealth Management and Preservation
- Business and Succession Planning
- Limited Liability Company Formation
- Private Foundation Formation
- Charitable Giving
Read our practice group's Estate Planning and Tax Controversy Blog, which delivers valuable information and insights relevant to private client/wealth management services, covering topics such as trusts and estates, wills, estate administration and tax considerations.