Trusts & Estates
Cutting-edge advice for high net worth individuals, owners of private companies, and corporate executives.
Our Private Client Services encompass a broad range of capabilities in areas of the law that are constantly developing and changing. Our trusts and estates attorneys, tax attorneys and family law attorneys provide innovative yet sound counsel to private clients in numerous states where the firm has offices. Our multi-state platform provides a convenience and benefit to our private clients and a team can easily be assembled to handle multi-state matters.
Our clients include:
- Individuals, couples, and families
- Corporate executors and trustees
- Estate and Trust Beneficiaries
- Charitable Beneficiaries
- Guardians of incapacitated persons
- Parents of disabled children turning 18 in seeking permanent Guardianship
- High net worth individuals
- Owners of private companies
- Corporate executives
- Large institutions such as banks and trust companies, as trustee, as executor and regarding their fiduciary activities
- Charitable Beneficiaries, including institutions and universities
Trusts and Estates Capabilities
Our experienced estate professionals design plans to be flexible, and take into account the concerns and objectives of our clients and the constantly changing Federal and State tax laws.
Many of our trusts and estates attorneys have significant experience in will contests, estate and trust litigation, contested accountings, guardianships and mediations. Our attorneys have designed practical solutions for intra-family disputes and have achieved successful outcomes for our clients.
Our estate planners use revocable trusts and sophisticated planning techniques such as family limited partnerships; qualified personal residence trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, charitable trusts, credit shelter trusts, disclaimer trusts and grantor trusts.
Our Trusts and Estates services include:
- Lifetime Disability Planning
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Health Care Powers of Attorney; Advance Directives/Living Wills
- Estate Planning
- Estates Administration
- Estate Accountings
- Probate Court Proceedings
- Estate Litigation
- Trust Administration
- Trust Accountings
- Trust Litigation
- Special Needs Planning and Trusts
- Estate, Trust and Gift Taxation and Planning
- Wealth Management and Preservation
- Business and Succession Planning
- Limited Liability Company Formation
- Private Foundation Formation
- Charitable Giving