Banking & Financial Services
Our banking and finance lawyers have extensive experience in all areas of commercial lending including commercial finance, asset-based lending and real estate finance. We address the needs of commercial banking institutions and other lenders in documenting and closing sophisticated lending transactions including credit facilities for specific areas such as computer and technology, vendor finance, automobile dealers and health care.
Our financial services attorneys have also represented lenders in financings for the acquisition of gaming equipment, dredges, scows, drilling rigs and underwater exploration equipment, as well as in the preparation and negotiation of related bare boat charter agreements, preferred ship mortgages and documents to collateralize receivables from the United States Army Corps of Engineers.
Our banking lawyers assist chartered financial institutions and handle all aspects of the organization of de novo commercial banks, from application to completed public offering, to obtaining branch approvals. McElroy Deutsch also serves as general counsel to commercial banks and counsels them with respect to matters involving federal and state regulatory issues before the Federal Reserve Board, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance, New York Department of Banking and the Pennsylvania Department of Banking.
In addition, our banking and finance lawyers advise lenders in negotiating and restructuring the workout of troubled loans.
Our attorneys provide a broad range of services to clients requiring guidance on industrial and commercial real estate transactions and land-use issues. We also assist lending institutions, corporations, developers, property operators, and owners in purchasing, selling, developing, leasing and financing real property. In that capacity, we draw on our considerable experience in commercial real estate, construction financing and contracting, environmental compliance, municipal land use, and tax appeals.
- Represented a lender in a $20 million loan for the construction of a PGA golf course and clubhouse.
- Represented a lender ender in a $53 million loan for the construction of a mixed use project containing apartments, residential and commercial condominium units, retail space, office space and restaurants.
- Represented a lender in a $45 million construction loan for a 59-unit luxury home subdivision with related amenities.
- Represented a regional lender in connection with the acquisition of 23 locations in three states of a national fast food franchise.
- Represented a lender in a $38 million construction to permanent loan on a 164-unit apartment complex in New York.
- Represented a lender in a $50.5 million construction and permanent loan facility for the construction of a 227-unit, 15-story apartment building.
- Represented a lender in a $38.5 million construction and permanent loan facility for the construction of 164 rental units and retail space.
- Represented a lender in a $40 million loan facility secured by a 140,000 sf class A office building.
- Represented Lender in a $26 million loan secured by six shopping plazas in New York.
- Represented Lender in a $124 million loan restructure secured by apartment complexes in New York and Connecticut.
- Represented a national lender in a $28 million financing of six retail shopping centers located in five NY counties.
- Represented a national lender in a $50 million syndicated construction to permanent loan for the construction of residential apartments and retail.
- Represented a super regional lender in a $40 million loan for the construction of a commercial office building.