Personal Injury Defense
An extensive track-record of fair and successful results covering a broad range of claims.
The personal injury defense lawyers at McElroy Deutsch have an extensive track-record of obtaining fair and successful results defending a wide range of personal injury cases, including high-exposure, complex catastrophic losses.
In concert with the firm’s other practice areas, our personal injury defense practice covers an array of claims including:
- Wrongful Death
- Automobile Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Workplace Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
Our litigation practice investigates every claim with an eye towards efficient mitigation to achieve the best outcome for our clients, whether negotiated or tried.
- Cannon v. E&D Trucking, Inc. Represented towing company in catastrophic burn case arising from motor vehicle collision. Settled at trial after close of evidence but before verdict.
- Benson v. Triple R. Excavating, LLC Represented excavator in wrongful death arising from a trench collapse. Settled after in limine motions submitted and prior to jury selection.
- Astudillo v. Hayes Indus., Inc. Represented machine manufacturer /refurbisher / reseller in serious injury case. Settled with court involvement at the prior to trial.
- Cangelosi v. Saddle Brook Amoco, Inc. Represented service station owner in a products liability action arising from the alleged failure of an air-pressure gauge on a tire inflator that plaintiffs claimed caused catastrophic injuries to service station patron.
- Silva v. Best Provision, Inc. Represented employer in an intentional wrong case involving catastrophic industrial workplace accident. Settled after three days of trial.
- Paltin v. WTI, LLC, ESX-L-8344-09 Represented general contractor in paraplegia resulting from a 20-foot fall off roof in residential construction. Settled at mediation just prior to trial.
- Thornton v. Berardinelli Funeral Home, Represented funeral home director in multiple suits arising from desecration of human remains. Settled after direct negotiations.
- Transpackers Service Corp. v. Franklin Farms East, Inc. Represented supplier of contaminated dairy food products used in military meals and in action for declaratory judgment. Settled at mediation.
- Sinclair v. Derricks Sheet Metal Works, Inc. Represented machine component manufacturer in product liability matter involving catastrophic bodily injury. Dismissed on summary judgment based on net opinion of plaintiff’s expert.
- Carlson v. Michael C. Walter Construction, LLC Represented site work contractor death arising out of brake failure on cement mixer. Settled after direct negotiations.
- McVey v. Breton Steel Corporation Represented steel erector in catastrophic injury case arising from an alleged 30-foot fall from iron. Settled two weeks before trial after direct negotiations.
- Hiner v. Community Investment Strategies, Inc. Obtained summary judgment in favor of member of ownership entity that also was the property manager, where a construction vehicle returning to the property ran over a pedestrian in a cross-walk, causing catastrophic injuries.
Jacobsen v. JP Morgan Chase, et al., Kings County, defense verdict in a construction site accident involving a worker who fell through a hole.