Alternative Dispute Resolution
ADR experience that streamlines the issues and develops prompt and strategically sound settlements
Our law firm's Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) services address the ever-increasing cost of litigation. Comprised of litigation veterans and former members of the judiciary, McElroy Deutsch attorneys have a record of obtaining efficient and cost-effective resolutions to sophisticated and complex matters.
Our attorneys are dedicated to effectively guiding our clients through a variety of ADR processes, including but not limited to:
- Case Management
- Internal Investigations
- Special Master Appointments
Given our law firm’s demonstrated experience in a variety of practice areas, our ADR lawyers are poised to streamline the issues and to develop prompt and strategically sound settlements.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
- Served as counsel for a general contractor arising out of a payment dispute with the owner of a health club who contended he was excused from paying certain amounts based upon alleged construction defects. The case was argued to an arbitration panel which award damages in favor of the general contractor.
- Represented a contractor in international arbitration, in which the owner of the world’s largest offshore wind farm claimed defective welds in the monopolies supporting the wind turbines jeopardized the structural integrity of the units.
- Served as counsel for contractor in connection with the construction of a $1 Billion crude oil upgrader project in Venezuela. Provided counsel throughout the course of the project, and also served as arbitration advocates prosecuting the contractor’s change order / variation, delay and disruption claims against the owner ($700 million).
- Served as counsel for contractor in connection with the design, procurement and construction of a power recovery system within one of the world’s largest oil refineries located in St. Croix, USVI. Served as arbitration advocates prosecuting the contractor’s wrongful termination and change order claims against the owner and the owner’s agent, and defending against the owner’s “bad faith” counterclaim.