Business lawyers with extensive legal experience in all aspects of corporate transactions
Our Corporate law capabilities cover a broad range of industries, as well as every stage of the corporate lifecycle; from entrepreneurial start-up businesses, to large publicly held and privately held companies and banks. Our corporate lawyers regularly provide strategic advice and practical solutions on the planning, organization, recapitalization, and restructuring of new or existing businesses. We guide clients through the applicable legal landscape, ensuring compliance with laws and regulations, and assuming responsibility for managing all related issues.
Our business attorneys possess extensive legal experience in all aspects of corporate transactions, from necessary governance issues to complex corporate transactions. The Firm prepares and negotiates commercial contracts, including buy-sell agreements, shareholder agreements, employee agreements, intellectual property contracts, as well as many other transactional matters. Our corporate transactions lawyers have extensive experience in the organization, purchase, sale, and merger of businesses, including leveraged buyouts. In addition, our attorneys have counseled clients on joint ventures, including the formation of an off-shore captive insurance company.
Our corporate attorneys:
- Understand the critical businesses and structure strategies, agreements and transactions necessary to address key business issues;
- Provide assistance with every aspect of our clients’ business needs, including M&A, antitrust, evolving technology innovations and solutions, IP protection and litigation, governance, regulatory compliance, data security and privacy, real estate, licensing, venture, private equity and corporate finance;
- Act as strategic partners to assist boards of directors in navigating complex business decisions, evaluating corporate governance practices and responding to activist shareholders and governmental investigations.
Specific areas of focus in our Corporate Transaction Law practice group cover:
- Corporate Finance
- Strategic Alliances
- Real Estate
- Corporate Governance
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital and Emerging Growth Companies
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
Mergers and Acquisitions and Strategic Alliances
- Represented NYSE-listed industrial products company in acquisition of privately held automotive applications company.
- Represented NYSE-listed industrial products company in sale of wood products company to privately held international conglomerate.
- Represented private employee and outside investor group in leveraged buy-out of financial services company.
- Represented privately held hosting solutions company in sale to NASDAQ-listed technology company.
- Represented seller in sale of regional based dental practice in a private equity roll-up.
Capital Market and Lending Transactions
- Represented NYSE-listed food and beverage, consumer products and industrial products company in multiple debenture offerings; creation of private offering memoranda; structuring securities lending arrangements and structuring individual operating platform term and revolving credit facilities.
- Represented privately held chemical company in $15 million taxable revenue bond issue
Venture Capital/Private Placement Transactions
- Represented founders in the formation and capitalization of a startup, internet-based retailer.
- Represented a U.S. investor group in its equity investment in health care billing company.
- Represented founders in the formation and capitalization of a startup information services company.
- Represented founders in the formation and capitalization of a startup health care technology company.
Compliance and Regulatory
- Represented large privately held fintech company in regulatory investigation and compliance implementation procedures.