McElroy Deutsch's attorneys have extensive experience in virtually all aspects of real estate law including acquisitions and sales, development, financing, commercial leasing, tax appeals, foreclosures, workouts, zoning and planning, ISRA and other regulatory permitting and compliance, as well as litigation related transactional matters.
In the area of commercial and industrial real estate transactions, the Firm represents these clients in all types of real estate matters, including contracts, acquisitions, sales, assignments, like-kind exchanges, zoning and land use issues.
Several of our attorneys specialize in representing both landlords and tenants with respect to leases of all types, including leases for manufacturing facilities, medical offices, industrial parks, shopping centers, retail space, hotels, office buildings, strip malls, multi-family dwellings, and recreational facilities.
Our Firm has the unusual advantage of having practitioners who have both real estate and litigation experience and our experience in commercial real estate is complemented by our experience in other key McElroy Deutsch practice areas such environmental law, banking & financial services, tax, hospitality and litigation.
- Represented a New Jersey developer in a sale-leaseback of twelve of the company’s properties in a deal totaling $261 million. The company is a leading provider of cold storage space in the United States. The sites are located in New Jersey, California, Illinois, Florida and Massachusetts. This transaction is believed to constitute one of the largest sale-leaseback transactions completed by a New Jersey based developer.
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company in commercial leasing and sub-leasing in their offices and research facilities throughout the United States. Also have assisted with its brokerage and consulting agreements with respect to laboratory space they will be vacating in California. Saved our client $4 million in restoration obligations at time of surrender of possession.
- Represented a major utility company in all aspects of real estate issues such as zoning and planning applications, as well as sales and leasing of commercial facilities, licensing agreements and easements for electric and telecommunication facilities.
- Represented clients in the acquisition of sites for communications towers and facilities through purchase, ground lease, licensing or easement.
- Represented a developer of medical office space, including both new construction and rehabilitation of existing structures, and the leasing of space to physicians, walk-in surgical centers and physical rehabilitation centers.
- Represented a purchaser in acquisition of hospitals and related medical facilities.
- Represented a developer of senior housing before the planning board on numerous zoning and land use issues, including reviewing the redevelopment ordinances.
- Represented a high-end retailer in the purchase of numerous retail stores across the United States, resulting in an extensive review of over sixty retail leases, negotiation and preparation of an intricate management agreement and purchase/sale agreement and related documents.
- Represented a major pharmaceutical company in the disposition of a manufacturing facility.
- Served as local counsel to a national real estate and gaming developer in the acquisition of a casino located in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Represented a Fortune 100 corporation in its acquisition of numerous facilities throughout the Northeast.
- Represented a regional REIT in the acquisition of various New Jersey properties while they built a $200 million commercial office real estate portfolio.
- As corporate and real estate counsel for a high-end retailer, negotiated leases for boutiques located in seventeen different states. Also negotiated vendor, advertising, licensing and purchase agreements.