44 McElroy Deutsch Attorneys Named to 2024 Best Lawyers® List
4 Firm Attorneys also receive Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” recognitions
McElroy Deutsch is pleased to announce that 44 of its attorneys have been included in the 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® with 4 of its attorneys receiving “Lawyer of the Year” recognitions. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
"For more than 40 years, the rigorous methodology of Best Lawyers has ensured the integrity and esteem of our legal recognitions," said Best Lawyers CEO Phillip Greer. "It is with great pleasure that we continue to provide potential clients with the pinnacle measurement of credibility through our Best Lawyers awards as they search for counsel."
Best Lawyers has earned the respect of the profession, the media and the public as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. Its first international list was published in 2006 and since then has grown to provide lists in more than 75 countries.
Lawyers on The Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers based on professional expertise and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
McElroy Deutsch would like to congratulate the following attorneys named to 2024 The Best Lawyers in America list:
- Adam J. Adrignolo - Insurance Law
- Kenneth J. Bartschi - Appellate Practice
- Theodore M. Baum - Construction Law and Litigation – Construction
- Jeffrey Bernstein - Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Gary D. Bressler - Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- James A. Budinetz - Commercial Litigation
- David W. Case - Commercial Litigation
- John T. Coyne - Insurance Law
- Thomas R. Curtin - Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Antitrust, Litigation – Intellectual Property, and Litigation – Patent
- Edward J. DePascale - Insurance Law
- Edward B. Deutsch - Bet-the-Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation
- Michael B. Devins - Commercial Litigation and Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Karen L. Dowd - Appellate Practice and Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law
- Peter A. Gaudioso - Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- James G. Green, Jr. - Commercial Litigation
- Wesley W. Horton - Appellate Practice and Commercial Litigation
- Thomas R. Hurd - Construction Law
- Todd E. Jaworsky - Insurance Law
- Lucille J. Karp - Real Estate Law
- Barry D. Kleban - Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law and Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Peter L. Korn – Litigation Insurance and Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- June Baker Laird - Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Joseph P. LaSala - Bet-the-Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation
- Thomas G. Librizzi - Construction Law
- Michael J. Marone - Insurance Law, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants and Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Nancy McDonald -Litigation - Health Care and Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions - Defendants
- Laurence M. McHeffey - Insurance Law and Litigation - Insurance
- C. Ian McLachlan - Appellate Practice
- Michael R. Morano - Litigation - Construction
- John W. Morris - Construction Law
- James S. Myers - Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/ Insolvency and Reorganization and Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Paul G. Nittoly - Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- William F. O'Connor, Jr. - Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants
- John J. O'Reilly - Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- George H. Parsells - Commercial Litigation and Health Care Law
- James E. Patterson - Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, and Litigation – Labor and Employment
- John J. Peirano - Employment Law – Management and Labor Law - Management
- Louis R. Pepe - Arbitration, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, and Mediation
- Ronald J. Riccio - Appellate Practice
- John A. Ridley - Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, and Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Alfred A. Turco - Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Richard J. Williams, Jr. - Litigation – Insurance
- Jane E. Young - Insurance Law and Litigation – Insurance
- Peter J. Zarella - Commercial Litigation
Additionally, only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the "Lawyer of the Year," making this a significant and coveted accolade. These lawyers are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the peer review assessments. Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism and their integrity.
McElroy Deutsch would like to congratulate the following attorneys named as 2024 Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year”:
- Barry D. Kleban - Litigation - Bankruptcy (Philadelphia)
- James E. Paterson - Employment Law - Management (Newark)
- Richard J. Williams, Jr. - Litigation - Insurance (Newark)
- Jane E. Young - Litigation - Insurance (Denver)
Finally, McElroy Deutsch is pleased to announce that 7 of its attorneys have been included in the 2024 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America. Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America recognizes associates and other lawyers who are earlier in their careers for their outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the United States.
"The unparalleled methodology of Best Lawyers ensures the value and esteem of our legal rankings through both our traditional awards and our expanded 'Ones to Watch' accolades," said Best Lawyers CEO Phillip Greer. "Clients trust Best Lawyers as a credible and reliable way to identify the most elite lawyers, and it is with great pride that we continue to provide this valued service in the country."
Lawyers recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America are divided by geographic region and practice areas. Candidates can only be considered for one recognition at a time, either "Ones to Watch" or traditional Best Lawyers awards. "Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch" is not a seed list to "The Best Lawyers" and all hopeful candidates must be nominated, vetted by their peers and undergo an authentication process before they are recognized by Best Lawyers. Lawyers are not required nor allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore, recognition by Best Lawyers is considered a singular distinction.
McElroy Deutsch would like to congratulate the following lawyers recognized in the 2024 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America:
- Emily A. Cathcart - Appellate Law and Insurance Law
- Daniel V. D'Aprile Jr. - Insurance Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- James T. DiMarco - Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Construction and Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Jonathan Friedler - Commercial Litigation and Land Use and Zoning Law
- Erin M. Hayes - Real Estate Law
- Lisa K. Minichini - Commercial Litigation
- Josie M. Sheppard - Commercial Litigation and Litigation - Construction
A description of the selection methodology for this recognition can be found HERE. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the highest court of any state.