Helping clients navigate regulations in the ever-changing cannabis environment.
Recognizing the significant impact that the legalization of cannabis will have on multiple sectors, McElroy Deutsch has taken a measured approach in entering the cannabis market. Attorneys in our Cannabis Practice group have the requisite credentials, industry “know-how” and most importantly, integrity to provide the best possible representation to cannabis cultivators, manufacturers, distributers and investors, and all others seeking to participate in the cannabis marketplace.
We are a multi-disciplinary practice group comprised of industry insiders and advisors who possess extensive experience assisting governmental officials not only in developing legislative strategic plans but in drafting legislation that has had and will continue to have an impact on the industry.
In that context, McElroy Deutsch’s Cannabis Group is uniquely positioned to offer the best representation to our clients in navigating regulations in the ever-changing cannabis environment.
Other areas of expertise include:
- Commercial Licensing Agreements
- Corporate Formation and Business Licensing
- Employment Law
- Environmental Law
- Healthcare Law
- State Licensing
- State and Local Tax Law
- Real Estate, including Land Use and Zoning
- Represented a vertically integrated cannabis company with New Jersey licensure application, including assistance with real estate acquisition and associate advice, drafting of labor and employment policies, negotiating agreement with Unions, obtaining local approvals, and providing advice on intellectual property matters.
- Advised multi-state cannabis dispensary and cultivation operator based in Southern California who sought a vertical license in Southern New Jersey, on corporate organizational matters, financing, regulatory matters and licensing.
- Represented cannabis operator with respect to both acquisition and leasing of properties in New Jersey for dispensary, growing and processing operations, and assistance with zoning and land use issues related to those uses.
- Represented a corporation in successfully obtaining a license to grow hemp, process grain and fiber and process CBD in the State of New York.
- Represented company seeking to acquire patented technology that allows for the conversion of environmentally-friendly hemp fiber biomass into a timber substitute.
- Represented entity that submitted application for North Jersey and Central Jersey Dispensary licenses.
- Advised national CBD product company on all matters pertaining to organization and start-up of business, including regulatory and labeling compliance advice, corporate formation, preparation of royalty agreements with professional athletes, licensing agreements and all other corporate business matters.